Is that time of the year again; time to update our wardrobes, to store all the sweaters and jackets away and to shop for new pieces. One of the things you can think about when selecting these new items is the colors of the season. Based on the runways from S/S 18 I pulled the most used colors and created a guide with different items you can acquire in these different colors. Whether you want to bright up your closet with a splash of yellow or keep it dark with some olive green, there are colors for every personality.
If you are a fan of bright colors then yellow is definitely for you! This color is the representation of summer itself and will make those tan skins look great. For an even brighter look, pair a yellow dress with some red lipstick and it will make your whole outfit pop. Some colors that go well with this one are: royal blue, burgundy.
- Lulu’s Dots of You Yellow Polo Dot Off-The-Shoulder Skater Dress $49.00
- Agaci Rhi Rhi Ruffle Layer MIni Skirt $32.90
- Agaci Fresh Feeling Heel $24.90
- Tobi Amber Yellow Bustier Lace Romper $86.00
- Forever 21 High-Rise Shorts $14.90
- Lulu’s Buenos Aires Golden Yellow Shift Dress $54.00
An iconic color for sexiness, red is a must-have color. Whether it is a dress or just a shirt, this color will make you stand out no matter how casual the piece is and will have all eyes on you. Some colors that go well with this one are: magenta, navy.
- Forever 21 Pleated Flounce Silk Top $25.00
- Lulu’s Ryland Coral Red Long Sleeve Top $49.00
- Tobi Shake It Red Tassel Hoop Earrings $22.00
- Forever 21 Polka Dot Wrap Dress $24.90
- Forever 21 Polka Dot Tie-Front Romper $19.90
- Forever 21 Geo Print Culotte Jumpsuit $35.00
Lavender is a very feminine, soft, delicate color. If your personality fits this description then this color is going to be perfect for you. If it does not fit your personality but you still want to give it a try you can always style it in different ways to make it fit you more. Some colors that go well with this one are: olive green, navy blue.
- Forever 21 Contemporary Satin Peasant Dress $27.90
- Lulu’ s Daisie Lavender Suede Leather Pumps $89.00
- Agaci Natasha Ruffle Dressy Top $22.90
- Tobi Reverly Lavander Shift Dress $56.00
- Tobi Edge Of Night Mauve Cami Top $46.00
- Tobi Voltage Mauve Shift Dress $50.00
This is one color I used to never have but it has started to grow on me. Surprisingly, this color is very easy to combine. Some colors that go well with this one are: pale pink, pastel blue.
- Lulu’s Shift And Shout Olive Green Shift Dress $49.00
- Lulu’s Lost In Paradise Olive Green Maxi Dress $59.00
- Forever 21 High-Waisted Palazzo Pants $19.90
- Forever 21 Plunging Surplice Romper $12.90
- Forever 21 Surplice Cami Jumpsuit $19.90
- Tobi Amberly Olive Blouse $36.00
A staple color that is definitely worth investing in. No matter the season or the trends, white is a color that will never go away. What I love about it is that you have endless options when it comes to accessories. Whether you want to keep it neutral with some nude shoes or throw some colors like yellow or red, a white piece will always look good.
- Agaci Bianca Off Shoulder Top $29.90
- Forever 21 Plunging Crochet-Trim Maxi Dress $29.90
- Lulu’s Santa Ana White Off-The-Shoulder Flounce Sleeve Romper $58.00
- Forever 21 12×12 Ruffle Dolman Top $35.00
- Agaci Evelyn Eyelet Culotte Jumpsuit $47.90
- Forever 21 Cascading Ruffle Top $15.90
Very similar to lavender, this baby blue is a soft, cool color that work very well for this season. You will usually find this color in a white-striped print but you can also find a solid piece. Some colors that go well with this one are: orange, pink.
- Forever 21 Striped Poplin Top $17.90
- Lulu’s At The Seashore Light Blue Striped Romper $56.00
- Forever 21 Flounce Open-Shoulder Top $17.90
- Forever 21 Linen Cami Dress $15.90
- Agaci Maggie Ruffle Blouse $19.90
- Agaci Lovey Dovey Stripe Romper $32.90
If you are a girly girl like me then you definitely have more than one pink item in your closet. What I like about these different pieces is that the pink is very subtle and doesn’t look like the color you would paint a baby’s room with. Whether you choose to wear the color by itself or with some sort of print, you would always look feminine and pretty in pink. Some colors that go well with this one are: emerald green, mustard.
- Agaci Pretty In Pink Florals Maxi Dress $39.90
- Forever 21 Crinkled Off-The-Shoulder Romper $27.90
- Lulu’s Samoa Blush Midi Skirt $49.50
- Lulu’s Arlene Blush Pink Off-The-Shoulder $37.00
- Lulu’s Shenandoah Mauve Suede Mini Skirt $40.00
- Forever 21 Leaf Print Tie-Front Romper $17.90